Meet the Doctor
Meet Samson Liu, DDS, MAGD, MBA, General Dentist
Samson Liu, DDS, MAGD is a Dentist in Weldon Spring, Missouri providing implant dentistry, family dentistry, general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry and reconstructive dentistry services to Weldon Spring, Missouri and surrounding areas, including the suburbs of St. Louis, Missouri.
As a practicing dentist at Weldon Spring Dental, Dr. Samson Liu’s mission is evident: To provide the highest-quality patient care and experience. Since receiving his DDS from Northwestern University Dental School and his Masters in Business Administration from SIU, Dr. Liu continually seeks to advance his leadership, clinical and business skills, methods and knowledge, for the benefit of his patients and colleagues.
Dr. Liu’s passion for education, personal and professional development is evident. In 2008 he completed one of the most rigorous continuing education programs in the dental industry, and earned the designation “Master” of the Academy of General Dentistry (MAGD). The designation is reserved for only a select group of dental professionals who complete the structured and demanding set of requirements involving all dental disciplines. These are two of the highest academic honors a dentist can achieve after graduating from dental school. Notably, Dr. Liu also completes nearly 200 hours a year in continuing education. Courses that involve intense training such as the Intravenous Sedation Residency and Bell Leadership, the world recognized training program for executive education and development.
Many believe that being a dentist involves only professional health care and occupational responsibilities. However, to be a successful dentist, Dr. Liu feels that one must be clinically excellent for his/her patients, an astute business manager and leader for his/her team, as well as an individual who gives back to the community he/she serves.
With a reputation for excellence in dentistry, Dr. Liu’s work and leadership has been instrumental in revolutionizing dentistry.
Dr. Liu met his wife Karen in dental school. They have 3 sons. As a father, Dr. Liu strives to be a role model to his children. Dr. Liu enjoys attending his sons’ athletic and scholastic competitions and other events. The family also enjoys family events and traveling together.
- Southern New Hampshire University – Master of Science in Corporate Finance – 2016
- Salem International University – Master in Business Administration (International Business) – 2013
- University of Southern California – Clinical Intravenous Sedation Residency – 2010
- Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry – 2008
- Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry – 2005
- Northwestern University Dental School – Doctorate of Dental Surgeon – 1999
- University of Toronto – Bachelor of Science with Honors in Human Biology – 1995
- Bell Leadership Institute Graduate – 2012
- Interceptive Ortho, St. Louis, MO – 2011
- Advanced Laser Training – 2010
- Somnomed Sleep Apnea training, Dallas, TX – 2011
- Invisalign Summit, Las Vegas, NV – 2011
- Protaper/Vortex Hybrid Endo Training, Effingham, IL – 2010
- Damon Orthodontic Technique, Houston, TX – 2009
- Free Dental Days: Provides free same day dental services to community: 2010 – Current
- Local Hygiene and Dental Assisting School: Provides internship opportunities: 2010 – Current
- Boys and Girls Town: Trusted dental provider to underprivileged foster children: 2007 – 2010
- Delmina Woods, Datma House: Provide dental care to teenage girls and boys who are recovering from substance abuse: 2007 – 2010
- Aids Project of the Ozarks, Ryan White Foundation – Ongoing partnership to provide needed dental care to patients who are HIV+: 2004 – 2010
- Give Kids A Smile – Donate free dental services to underprivileged children: 2004 – 2010
- Everest College, Vatterott College – Provide internship opportunities to both colleges: 2004 – 2010
- The Kitchen Dental Clinic- Provide free dental services to the homeless: 2002 – 2005
Meet Dr. Reeya Patel, DMD
Dr. Patel completed her undergraduate degree in 2013 from Augustana College located in Rock Island, Illinois. After this she decided to continue her education at the Southern Illinois University School of Dental Medicine, where she graduated in 2016. During her schooling, she gained a special interest in Cosmetic Dentistry and Endodontics.
Dr. Patel fell in love with dentistry because of its ability to mold together technology, science, and art. Dr. Patel uses the latest technology to provide patients with functional and esthetic results. She enjoys taking continuing education courses each year to stay up to date on the latest advancements in dentistry to provide patients with the best possible care.
Dr. Patel’s goal is to build a lasting relationship with every patient. She wants them to be involved in every aspect of their dental care, so that together they can achieve a beautiful and healthy smile.
Dr. Patel moved to St. Louis after school and currently resides in the St. Peters area. Having grown up in Central Illinois, she enjoys the small-town feel and family-oriented atmosphere. In her free time Dr. Patel loves to spend time with her fiancé, travel, cook, bake, and try new restaurants. A fun fact about her is that she has made it a goal to visit all 50 states and she is already well on her way!